Discuss your project, identify useful search strategies and learn about Library services that save time and improve your research. Make an appointment (at least 24 hours in advance)
Chat with a Librarian instant messaging
- Instant message a librarian
- Librarians are standing by and ready to chat during all hours the Richard J. Daley Library is open
- Access the service from the lower right corner of any page on the Library website
Make an appointment with a librarian on the Library website (librarians available Monday-Friday only)
- Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Meet a librarian in-person at one of six Library branch locations or online via video conference using your computer’s microphone or a cell phone
- Make an appointment by submitting a form online, 24 hours in advance of the desired date of your appointment.
Visit your University Library branch in person any time during normal business hours and speak with a librarian at the reference desk. No appointment necessary!