University Library faculty provide a range of instructional services to support teaching and learning at all levels and across the disciplines.
These are some ways librarians can help your students:
- Providing information literacy instruction in the library or your classroom focused on efficiently locating and critically engaging with information
- Creating online research guides connecting students to research tips, library resources and other relevant information for your course
- Consulting on research assignment design to incorporate library resources and information literacy skills into courses
- Integrating library resources, tutorials or research-based discussions into Blackboard
- Meeting with students one-on-one or in small groups in the library or online to provide research help
The Library welcomes opportunities to collaborate with faculty to support student research and integrate information literacy skills and library resources into courses in new and meaningful ways. Contact the library liaison for your discipline to discuss how the library can best support the needs of your course.
For more information on the library’s teaching mission and information literacy, see the UIC Library Teaching & Learning Support Guide.