Search the Library Catalog
- Enter keyword, title or creator.
- Narrow your format to “map.”
- Write down call number, title, date and any other identifying information.
- Ask a Librarian to set up an appointment to view the map.
- A maps expert will email you when it is ready.
Can’t find it?
Not all of our maps are cataloged. Ask a Librarian to see if we have what you’re looking for.
No photocopying rare maps
Our maps are precious resources, many of them are fragile and rare. You’re welcome to take photographs of rare maps with your digital camera (no flash please).
Our reading rooms have special hours
For the most up-to-date information on when we are open, see Daley Library (hours and dates open) and the Library of the Health Sciences-Chicago (hours and days open).