Use I-Share to search the collections of 80+ libraries across Illinois.
- Search I-Share for an item
- Click on what you need!
- Click “Request 1st Available” tab
- Log in
Need your item sent to a closer library? Change the “pick-up library” to any I-Share school closer to you. An email is sent when the item is available for pick up.
Request items from libraries worldwide
You can use ILLiad to request articles and items from libraries outside of I-Share. For articles, click Find it @ UIC in library databases or in Google Scholar to pre-fill the request form.
- Pick your library (Note: You’ll need to use the same library every time).
- Log in to ILLiad, or click “First Time Users” to create a new account.
- Click “Article” for article request or Click “Book” for book request.
- Fill out form and click submit.
What is your home library?
Interlibrary loan requests can take three-15 business days to process, so plan accordingly! Articles are delivered through email as scanned images or PDFs.