How to request books and media in I-Share
- Search I-Share for an item
- Click on what you need!
- Click “Request 1st Available” tab
- Log in
Need your item sent to a closer library? Change the “pick-up library” to any I-Share school closer to you. You’ll get an email when the item is ready to pick up (usually 3-5 business days).
How to request scanned articles and items from libraries worldwide in ILLiad
Select your home library to log in:
- Chicago-Health Sciences
- Peoria-Health Sciences
- Quad Cities
- Rockford-Health Sciences
- Urbana-Health Sciences
- Distance education-health sciences
- Distance education-other
For articles, click Find it @ UIC in library databases or in Google Scholar to pre-fill the request form once you are logged in.
More help with ILLiad
- Pick your library from the links above (Note: You’ll need to use the same library every time).
- Log in to ILLiad, or click “First Time Users” to create a new account.
- Click “Article” for article request or Click “Book” for book request or “Media Item” for DVDS or CDs.
- Fill out form and click submit.
You’ll get an email when the item is ready to pick up or posted electronically (usually 1-10 business days).
- Most requests for physical items (books, DVDs, microfilm, etc.) are filled within 5-10 business days.
- Most article requests are filled within 1-4 business days.
- Articles are delivered as scanned PDFs.