Request from Illinois libraries
Use I-Share to search the collections of 80+ libraries across Illinois.
- Search I-Share for an item
- Click on what you need!
- Click “Request 1st Available” tab
- Log in
Request items from libraries worldwide
You can use ILLiad to request articles and items from libraries outside of I-Share. For articles, click Find it @ UIC in library databases or in Google Scholar to pre-fill the request form.
- Pick your library (Note: You’ll need to use the same library every time).
- Log in to ILLiad, or click “First Time Users” to create a new account.
- Click “Article” for article request or Click “Book” for book request.
- Fill out form and click submit.
What is your home library?
Most requests for physical items (books, DVDs, microfilm, etc.) are filled within five to seven days.
Most article requests are filled within one to four days. Articles are delivered as scanned PDFs.