How are carrels assigned?
- A staff person will contact you to set up an appointment for key pickup.
- Assignments are made in the order that they are received.
- Up to two people may be assigned to a carrel.
How long can I keep the carrel?
Carrels are assigned until the end of the spring semester of each academic year. By the end of finals week of the spring semester:
- Return keys.
- Remove your personal belongings.
- Reapply for the summer session or additional semesters.
How do I sign in and out?
You can sign in and out at the attendant’s desks at the east and west doors in Daley Library. Your carrel key will be recalled if you use it less than 15 times in a semester, so be sure to sign in.
- If you lose or do not return a key, you will be charged:
- $100 rekeying fee
- $25 non-refundable processing fee
- If you do not remove personal belongings from carrel at the end of the semester, you will be charged $25.