Search for media
You can find most media items through the home page search:
- Enter keywords, title, author or ISBN in the home page search.
- Browse the top results for Books & Media, or go to “More Books & Media” to see more results.
- From there, you can narrow or widen your search using the filters:
- Content type: Video recording, music recording, streaming audio or streaming video
- Library location: UIC, or uncheck UIC to see all I-Share libraries
Request media from Illinois libraries through I-Share
You can order items from the home page search or the I-Share catalog.
To order media from I-Share:
- Check that you have a Library account.
- Click on the item that you want.
- Click “Request 1st Available.”
- Log in.
- Select your “pick-up library” and location.
- Click “Request.”
- You’ll get an email when the book is ready to pick up (usually 2-4 days).
Request media from libraries world-wide
If you do not find the book you need through I-Share, the UIC Library will borrow it for you at no charge from another library. This interlibrary loan service takes longer than an I-Share request.
- Search the WorldCat catalog.
- Click Find it @ UIC
- Pick your library (Note: You’ll need to use the same library every time).
- Login to ILLiad (click First time users if you do not have an account).
- Review the request and click Submit.
You’ll get an email when the item is ready to pick up (usually 7-10 days).