UIC Library patrons may request a number of services and materials from among the options listed below. The Library’s Ask a Librarian service is available should you need further assistance.
Request Materials Owned by the UIC Library
In the Library Catalog, you may use the Request This Title option, located towards the top of a catalog record, to:
- place a hold on an item
- request an item be retrieved from the warehouse
- request an item be delivered to your local UIC Library location.
Request Materials from I-Share
The I-Share catalog allows borrowing from many university and college libraries within Chicago and across Illinois.
Use the Request This Title option, located towards the top of a catalog record, to request an item be delivered to your local UIC Library location.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is available to UIC faculty, staff and current students who need materials that are not available through the UIC Library.
If you are unable to locate or obtain what you need at UIC or in I-Share, you may place an interlibrary loan request.
To submit and track an interlibrary loan request, select the library site you regularly use.
- Richard J. Daley Library
- Library of the Health Sciences-Chicago
- Library of the Health Sciences-Peoria
- Crawford Library of the Health Sciences-Rockford
- Library of the Health Sciences-Urbana
- Health Sciences Distance Education and Quad Cities Regional Program
Allow up to 4 weeks for materials to arrive; many materials will arrive sooner, and most articles will be made available in electronic format.
ILL materials loans are subject to the conditions imposed by the other institutions and are not usually renewable.
ILL does not request textbooks that are available in the bookstore.