Services for Alumni
Services for UIC Alumni
All UIC alumni are welcome to visit any UIC Library location to use print or online resources.
Use Electronic Journals and Other Materials
Alumni can access all of the Library's online resources, including licensed materials, from Library computers.
Licensing agreements prevent the Library from providing off-site access to users who are not UIC students, faculty or staff.
Check Out Books
Current sustaining and life members of the University of Illinois Alumni Association can borrow books and other regularly circulating materials from University of Illinois libraries by presenting their valid UIAA membership card and a photo ID at the circulation desk.
Get Help with Research
All alumni can consult a reference librarian through the Ask a Librarian service. Help is available via telephone, e-mail, instant messaging, or in person.
RefWorks for Alumni
- After graduation, UIC alumni have continued access to RefWorks
- Alumni must move the content of their UIC RefWorks accounts to an Alumni RefWorks account
- The RefWorks, Endnote and Reference Manager Guide has information about setting up the Alumni RefWorks account
- Alumni must obtain the Alumni Group Code to use RefWorks
- In order to obtain the Alumni Group Code, alumni should send an email to http://library.uic.edu/home/services/ask-a-librarian