RefWorks & Citation Management
RefWorks is a Web-based bibliography and database manager that allows you to create your own personal database by importing references from text files or online databases. You can use these references in writing papers and automatically format the paper and the bibliography in seconds.
Creating a RefWorks Account
To set up a personal RefWorks account:
- Click on "Sign up for an Individual Account."
- Use your UIC NetID as your login name
- Use your UIC email address
- Click on "Register."
The RefWorks Group Code may be needed for when you are creating your RefWorks account. You will need to login with your NETID and password to get the group code.
Listed below are further instructions and tutorials to help you learn about RefWorks
RefWorks for Alumni
- After graduation, UIC alumni have continued access to RefWorks
- Alumni must move the content of their UIC RefWorks accounts to an Alumni RefWorks account
- The RefWorks, Endnote and Reference Manager Guide has information about setting up the Alumni RefWorks account
- Alumni must obtain the Alumni Group Code to use RefWorks
- In order to obtain the Alumni Group Code, alumni should send an email to http://library.uic.edu/home/services/ask-a-librarian