RefWorks & Citation Management
RefWorks is a Web-based bibliography and database manager that allows you to create your own personal database by importing references from text files or online databases. You can use these references in writing papers and automatically format the paper and the bibliography in seconds.
Current RefWorks Users, use this link: Access RefWorks
On January 18, 2016, RefWorks is coming out with a new version. Although still in beta, it will have new features such as an updated interface, the ability to save pdf files and annotate documents, enhanced sharing capabilities, and integration with Google Docs. Full functionality will be available after Spring semester. If you would like to create a new account with the beta version, use the following link: http://refworks.proquest.com.
The current version of RefWorks will be available until September 2017. We do not recommend migrating your citations until full functionality is available later this year.
For more information:
RefWorks for Alumni
- After graduation, UIC alumni have continued access to RefWorks
- Alumni must move the content of their UIC RefWorks accounts to an Alumni RefWorks account
- The RefWorks, Endnote and Reference Manager Guide has information about setting up the Alumni RefWorks account
- Alumni must obtain the Alumni Group Code to use RefWorks
- In order to obtain the Alumni Group Code, alumni should send an email to http://library.uic.edu/home/services/ask-a-librarian