The Provost and the Library, with the support of a generous donor, have partnered to provide UIC faculty, students and staff access to The New York Times Digital Edition through an Academic Site License. This resource has been requested in the past by faculty and students.
While the Library already offers access to articles published in the print edition of The New York Times in various databases, the site license offers the following additional benefits for users:
- Access to The New York Times website, including English, Spanish and Chinese editions
- Individual personal subscription accounts for UIC students, faculty and staff
- Additional content not included in the print edition and photos for all articles
- Access The New York Times apps through any mobile device and cross device saving capabilities
- Several thousand media enhancements, including multimedia content, interactive content, data visualizations, podcasts and videos
- Special content such as the 1619 Project
- 50+ newsletters on various topics
- The New York Times in Education – a collection of instructional strategies in 16 disciplines
- Permalink feature for articles, videos and multimedia
- Live updates on key stories/issues
- Historical digital microfilm experience of print editions from 1851-2002
Creating an account is easy using your UIC NetID and password. Visit go.library.uic.edu/nytdigital for instructions and further details.