Use of the IDEA Commons classroom is prioritized for library research instruction provided by UIC Library faculty and, at most other times, for student computer use. If no ACCC computer classroom is available, reservations may be made at the discretion of Library staff at times of low demand. These guidelines apply:
- Only events requiring hands-on access to computers by attendees will be considered.
- Requestor must be a UIC faculty/staff member with a valid netid.
- The classroom may not be booked on a recurring basis.
- Bookings are generally limited to two-hour periods (exceptions may occur during low-demand times such as intersessions).
- Weekend and evening hours may be available, but with reduced or no technical support.
- If you are a UIC faculty/staff member using the space to provide outreach to non-UIC students, you are responsible for obtaining guest wireless passwords from ACCC in advance and adhering to ACCC’s acceptable use policies.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the classroom.
- At least two weeks in advance, submit your request including the purpose of the event, the number of participants, and preferred date(s)/times(s).
- On the day of your reservation, please arrive 10-15 minutes early to receive any necessary help from library staff in setting up the classroom or technology (if you would like to arrange for a run-through of how to use the equipment in advance, please email library staff).