More about Alumni Borrowing cards
Getting your card
- Your card will be mailed to the address you provide.
- You will be able to borrow items once you have received the card.
- If you intend to visit from out of town, please contact us in advance to clarify which privileges may be extended to you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 996-2724.
Note: Please double check your address in your application. If your card is returned to us as undeliverable, you may not be eligible to reapply.
Renewing your card
- Your card is good for a lifetime, but you will need to update your address and contact information periodically.
- Bring your Alumni Borrowing card and current photo ID when you come to the library to borrow materials.
Your card responsibilities
- You are expected to update your card if your mailing or email address changes and show proof of identity and address.
- Your card can only be used at the Library of the Health Sciences-Chicago and the Richard J. Daley Library.
- You may be billed for overdue or lost items and your library borrowing privileges will be suspended for failure to adhere to Library policies.
There is no off-site access to UIC databases but you are welcome to use them at a library location.
We cannot offer I-Share or Interlibrary loan services to alumni at this time. Alumni can order documents from the UIC Library collection for a fee.