How are carrels assigned?
- Carrels are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A staff person will contact you to set up an appointment for key pickup.
- Carrels are not renewable.
How long can I keep the carrel?
Carrels are assigned until the end of the spring semester of each academic year, or the end of the Summer term. You will receive a notice when your carrel key is due. By that date you must:
- Return keys.
- Remove your personal belongings.
- Reapply for the summer session or additional semesters, if desired. (A carrel assignment is not guaranteed.)
How do I sign in and out?
You must sign in and out at the attendant’s desks at the east and west doors in Daley Library. Your carrel key can be recalled, and you may not be assigned another in the future, if you use your carrel less than 15 times during a semester.
- If you lose or do not return a key, you will be charged:
- $100 rekeying fee
- $25 non-refundable processing fee
- If you do not remove personal belongings from carrel at the end of the semester, you will be charged $25.