Find health information (non-UIC guests)
The Library of the Health Sciences provides support for individuals outside of the UIC community to access health information. All LHS locations (Chicago, Peoria and Rockford) are open to the public.
- Use visitor research computers to search library resources and government websites such as MedlinePlus for health information. Bring a flash drive to save information.
- Ask to speak to a librarian or make an appointment for help finding health information (in person M-F, during business hours).
- Special exhibits are open to the public. Check the events calendar.
- Members of the public may open a library account and check out a maximum of 3 books at a time. Bring a state ID to the help desk to open an account.
- Members of the public may open a library account and check out books. Bring a state ID to the help desk to open an account.
Upcoming community health events