Instruction and Workshops
Library instruction sessions prepare students to find, evaluate and utilize information found through library research tools such as the UIC catalog and article databases. Librarians work with instructors to create instruction sessions relevant to course assignments and goals. We are available to meet with your students in your classroom, online, or in our teaching labs for hands-on research instruction
In-person and online workshops are offered to UIC faculty, staff, and graduate students.
- How to Find Full Text Articles: a 30 minute workshop
- Introduction to Cleaning Datasets with OpenRefine
- Library 101 for Nursing
- Managing Citations and Creating Bibliographies with RefWorks
- Managing Citations and Creating Bibliographies with RefWorks for Health Sciences
- Mendeley Basics
- Using the Library Off–Campus
Workshops by Location
Help by Appointment
UIC students, staff and faculty may schedule a consultation with a librarian to get research assistance, a database orientation, become familiar with resources in a subject area, or learn to use RefWorks.
Anyone in need of a Health Sciences-related consultation may schedule an appointment for in-person or online assistance.