Support for Instruction
Contact your liaison librarian
Your liaison librarian is the main Library contact for your academic unit and is available to work with you in various ways:
- Presentations at orientations, department meetings or other forums
- Individual research consultations with you and your students
- Meet with your classes to teach information skills relevant to your discipline
- Respond to your suggestions for electronic and print materials
- E-scholarship efforts such as data management and curation
- Scholarly communication initiatives such as open access, self-archiving and measuring impact
Find and contact your liaison librarian — search by your department or college.
Request an instruction session
Librarians can work with you to create sessions relevant to course assignments and research papers. We are available to meet with you and your students in your classroom, online or in our teaching labs for hands-on research instruction tailored to your needs.
Support for Research and Publishing
The Library can support you with:
- Citation management
- Complying with federal public access mandates for articles and data
- Copyright and fair use
- Data management
- Measuring the impact of your scholarship
- Open access publishing
- Selecting publication venues
Collections and E-Resources
Set aside library items, or course reserves, for your students to use. You can also recommend items to add to the Library’s collections and e-resources that support your teaching or scholarship. UIC faculty can also borrow from several other libraries in Chicago.