Images and Online Exhibits
General Image Resources
- ArtStor (1 million+ images of art and architecture from museums worldwide)
- CARLI Digital Collections (digital materials from academic libraries in Illinois)
- Illinois Digital Archives (digital materials from the State Library and other cultural institutions in Illinois)
- Saskia Digital Archive from Scholars Resource (30,000+ images of art and architecture from museums worldwide)
Medical Image Resources
- Access Medicine (also includes audio and video)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (interactive pictures of the human body)
- Images.MD (encyclopedia of medical images)
- MD Consult (images and illustrations)
Please see Films, Videos, and Sound Recordings for related health sciences video.
Images from UIC Library Collections
The UIC Library's digital image collections are made available for use by the UIC community and the general public. Original copies of many of the materials are housed in the Library's Special Collections and in the University Archives. Collection strengths include items related to the social, cultural, economic, and political history of the University of Illinois at Chicago, the city of Chicago, and the state of Illinois. Individual image collections are listed below. A complete listing with links is available through the CARLI ContentDM collections.
Want to order a high resolution scan or print? Contact us.
Do you already have an image that you would like to use in a book, article, or presentation? Request Permission to Publish.
- Bowen Country Club Collection
- Caribbean Diaspora: Book Jacket Art from the H.D. Carberry Collection of Caribbean Studies
- Chicago Aerial Photo Services (CAPS)
- Chicago - Photographic Images of Change
- Chicago Urban League Photos
- College of Medicine Class Photos
- Comer Archive of Chicago in the Year 2000 (City 2000)
- Congressman Frank Annunzio Digital Images Collection
- Cook County Forest Preserve Blueprints
- Cook County Forest Preserve Documents
- Cook County Forest Preserve Photographs
- C. William Brubaker Collection (Chicago architecture in photographs and drawings from the mid-20th Century)
- Design Collection (Chicago graphic designers and design firms)
- Embellished Medical Title Pages: The 16th through 18th Centuries
- Florence Nightingale Letters
- Gallery 400 Collection (art installations at UIC)
- Hull-House Yearbook Photographic Collection
- IDOT Chicago Traffic Photographs (mid-20th Century street scenes)
- The Image of Research (UIC graduate student research projects)
- Images of Progress: Views from A Century of Progress International Exposition, 1933-1934
- Metropolitan Planning Council, 1934-2000
- Percival Bailey Brain Specimens
- Picture Chicago (images of Chicago from digitized books)
- Puerto Rican Cultural Center Collection
- Seven Settlement Houses: Database of Photographs
- Sheet Music Collection
- Sierra Leone Documents and Images, 1792-1825
- Society of Typographic Arts
- University of Illinois at Navy Pier Photographs (1945-1948)
- University campus stock photos
In addition to digitized images, the Library has digitized over 500 books published prior to 1923 on Chicago and Illinois History from its collections. The full text of these books can be downloaded in multiple formats and are fully searchable. All of the books can be found on the University of Illinois at Chicago page of the Internet Archive.
Online Exhibits and Digital Projects
- Forest Preserve District of Cook County: Maps and Images
- Richard F. Casper Military Research Collection
- Changing Neighborhoods: Photographs of Social Reform from 7 Chicago Settlement Houses
- Commemorative book presented to Sylvia Manning on the occasion of her retirement from the University of Illinois at Chicago. Presented November 28, 2007. This volume is a summary Manning's eight years as chancellor of the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Fight School Segregation!: Building a Protest Movement in Chicago, 1961-1966
- Intercollegiate Football at UIC, 1895-1973
- Florence Nightingale Letters Collection
- To Preserve and Protect: An Early History of the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, Illinois
- The 27th Evacuation Hospital of the University of Illinois, 1942-1945
Unless otherwise indicated, all copyrights are held by the University of Illinois at Chicago. Images may be used freely, with attribution, for research, study and educational purposes. For permission to publish, distribute, or use this image for any other purpose, please contact:
Special Collections and University Archives
University of Illinois at Chicago Library
801 S. Morgan St.
Chicago, IL 60607
(312) 996-2742 or email@example.com
Copyright of historical archival and image collections may be difficult or impossible to determine. The Library would like to hear from any potential copyright owners who are not properly identified in the Library's digital collections. Contact the Special Collections Department with additional information.