The library can support UIC faculty in their teaching, research and publishing efforts and with Library collections and e-resources.
Contact your liaison librarian
Your liaison librarian is the main Library contact for your academic unit and is available to work with you in various ways:
- Presentations at orientations, department meetings or other forums
- Individual research consultations with you and your students
- Meet with your classes to teach information skills relevant to your discipline
- Respond to your suggestions for electronic and print materials
- E-scholarship efforts such as data management and curation
- Scholarly communication initiatives such as open access, self-archiving and measuring impact
Find and contact your liaison librarian — search by your department or college.
Request an instruction session
Librarians can work with you to create sessions relevant to course assignments and research papers. We are available to meet with you to plan an interactive research instruction session tailored to your needs.
Daley Library spaces
- Room 1-470 on the first floor of the Daley Library accommodates groups of 40+; inquire about preferred dates/times to:
- If you need a computer lab for your class, please submit a request directly to ACCC.
- It may be possible on a one-time basis with certain policy restrictions to reserve the IDEA Commons classroom.
The Library can support you with:
Recommend items to add to the Library’s collections and e-resources that support your teaching or scholarship. You can also set aside library items, or course reserves, for your students. UIC faculty can also borrow from several other libraries in Chicago.