Services for UIC Alumni
UIC graduates who reside in Illinois, including the UIC School of Law (previously John Marshall Law School), may be eligible for an Alumni Borrowing card, allowing them to continue to check out materials from the Library.
Alumni Borrowing Cards Heading link
Alumni may borrow materials from the UIC Library, with some limitations.
Getting your card
- Please fill out the form below.
- Your card will be mailed to the address you provide.
- You will be able to borrow items once you have received the card.
- If you intend to visit from out of town, please contact us in advance to clarify which privileges may be extended to you. Please email email@example.com or call (312) 996-2724.
Please double check your address in your application. If your card is returned to us as undeliverable, you may not be eligible to reapply.
Renewing your card
- Your card is good for a lifetime, but you will need to update your address and contact information periodically.
- Bring your Alumni Borrowing card and current photo ID when you come to the library to borrow materials.
Your card responsibilities
- You are expected to update your card if your mailing or email address changes and show proof of identity and address.
- Your card can only be used at the Library of the Health Sciences-Chicago, the Richard J. Daley Library, and the John Marshall Law School Library.
- You may be billed for overdue or lost items and your library borrowing privileges will be suspended for failure to adhere to Library policies.
UIC School of Law Library Heading link
To borrow materials from the UIC School of Law Library, Alumni will need:
- Alumni Borrowing card
- Current photo identification, e.g. drivers license
Learn more about visiting the UIC School of Law Library (Frequently Asked Questions).
Using databases Heading link
- There is no off-site access to library databases for Alumni. You are welcome to use UIC databases at the Library of the Health Sciences-Chicago or the Richard J. Daley Library.
- Some Law School databases are restricted to UIC School of Law users, while others are available for onsite use. Please contact a Reference librarian at the UIC School of Law in advance of your visit.