Services for Alumni of UIC, including the School of Law
Intro text block
If you live in Illinois, and you graduated from UIC or the UIC School of Law (previously John Marshall Law School), you may be eligible for an Alumni Borrowing card to continue to check out materials from the Library.
- There is no off-site access to library databases for Alumni. You are welcome to use UIC databases at the Library of the Health Sciences-Chicago or the Richard J. Daley Library.
- Some Law School databases are restricted to UIC School of Law users, while others are available for onsite use. Please contact a Reference librarian at the UIC School of Law in advance of your visit.
Alumni may order documents from the UIC Library collection for a fee; please contact us for more information.
Apply for an Alumni Borrowing Card
Getting your card
- Please fill out the form below.
- Your card will be mailed to the address you provide.
- You will be able to borrow items once you have received the card.
- If you intend to visit from out of town, please contact us in advance to clarify which privileges may be extended to you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 996-2724.
Note: Please double check your address in your application. If your card is returned to us as undeliverable, you may not be eligible to reapply.
Renewing your card
- Your card is good for a lifetime, but you will need to update your address and contact information periodically.
- Bring your Alumni Borrowing card and current photo ID when you come to the library to borrow materials.
- You will also need to present these credentials to door security to gain access to the John Marshall Law School and Library. Learn more about visiting the UIC John Marshall Law School Library.
Your card responsibilities
- You are expected to update your card if your mailing or email address changes and show proof of identity and address.
- Your card can only be used at the Library of the Health Sciences-Chicago, the Richard J. Daley Library, and the John Marshall Law School Library.
- You may be billed for overdue or lost items and your library borrowing privileges will be suspended for failure to adhere to Library policies.