Staff, students, faculty and emeritus faculty can request items from other libraries.
Text block Heading link
Request Items links Heading link
I-Share: Request books and media Heading link
- Search I-Share for an item
- Sign in (top left)
- Click on what you need!
- Click “GET IT FROM OTHER INSTITUTIONS”
Do you need your item sent to a library closer to you? Change the “preferred pick-up location” to any institution participating in I-Share. You’ll get an email when the item is ready to pick up, usually in 3-5 business days.
Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad): request scanned articles and items from libraries worldwide Heading link
- Login to ILLiad
- Create a request manually or automatically:
- Manual request: See New Request menu on the left, enter or copy and paste citation.
- Auto-fill an article request:
- Click Find it @ UIC in library databases or in Google Scholar.
- Click Request via inter library loan.
UIC School of Law patrons can make ILL requests through a separate ILL system.
Interlibrary Loan tutorial Heading link
Alumni Heading link
We cannot offer I-Share or interlibrary loan services to alumni.