Request Library Instruction
Course Instructors can request Library instruction to help students better employ Library resources.
Library instruction sessions prepare students to find, evaluate and utilize information found through library research tools. Librarians work with UIC faculty to create sessions relevant to course assignments such as research papers. We are available to meet with your students in a variety of ways tailored to student needs.
What types of activities or lessons can librarians provide?
Example topics can include:
- Evaluating search results from Google, Google Scholar and library databases
- Discerning the differences between various publication types in print and electronic format
- Constructing effective searches for research topics
- Searching library databases and Google Scholar for articles
- Searching library catalogs for books, ordering books from other libraries