How to request books and media in I-Share
- Search I-Share for an item
- Click on what you need!
- Click “Request from I-Share Libraries” button
- Log in, or create account
Register once by linking your UIC “Library ID Number” with your record. You only need your NetID and password to order items.
Do you need your item sent to a library closer to you? Change the “preferred pick-up location” to any institution participating in I-Share. You’ll get an email when the item is ready to pick up, usually in 3-5 business days.
How to request scanned articles and items from libraries worldwide in ILLiad
Once you are logged into ILLiad click Find it @ UIC in library databases or in Google Scholar to pre-fill the request form for articles.
John Marshall Law School patrons can make ILL requests through a separate ILL system.
More help with ILLiad
- Following the “Find it @ UIC” link is the simplest way to place a request. In Google Scholar, the link is sometimes hidden under the >> symbol.
- You’ll get an email when the item is ready to pick up or posted electronically (usually 1-10 business days).
- Most requests for physical items (books, DVDs, microfilm, etc.) are filled within 5-10 business days.
- Most article requests are filled within 1-4 business days.
- Articles are delivered as scanned PDFs.