How to request books and media in I-Share
- Search I-Share for an item
- Sign in (top left)
- Click on what you need!
- Click “GET IT FROM OTHER INSTITUTIONS”
Do you need your item sent to a library closer to you? Change the “preferred pick-up location” to any institution participating in I-Share. You’ll get an email when the item is ready to pick up, usually in 3-5 business days.
How to request scanned articles and items from libraries worldwide in ILLiad
Once you are logged into ILLiad click Find it @ UIC in library databases or in Google Scholar to pre-fill the request form for articles.
John Marshall Law School patrons can make ILL requests through a separate ILL system.
More help with ILLiad
- Following the “Find it @ UIC” link is the simplest way to place a request. In Google Scholar, the link is sometimes hidden under the >> symbol.
- You’ll get an email when the item is ready to pick up or posted electronically (usually 1-10 business days).
- Most requests for physical items (books, DVDs, microfilm, etc.) are filled within 5-10 business days.
- Most article requests are filled within 1-4 business days.
- Articles are delivered as scanned PDFs.