More about Alumni Borrowing cards
Getting your card
- Your card will be mailed to the address you provide.
- You will be able to borrow items once you have received the card.
- If you intend to visit from out of town, please contact us in advance to clarify which privileges may be extended to you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 996-2724.
Note: Please double check your address in your application. If your card is returned to us as undeliverable, you may not be eligible to reapply.
Renewing your card
- Your card is good for a lifetime, but you will need to update your address and contact information periodically.
- Bring your Alumni Borrowing card and current photo ID when you come to the library to borrow materials.
- You will also need to present these credentials to door security to gain access to the John Marshall Law School and Library. Learn more about visiting the UIC John Marshall Law School Library.
Your card responsibilities
- You are expected to update your card if your mailing or email address changes and show proof of identity and address.
- Your card can only be used at the Library of the Health Sciences-Chicago, the Richard J. Daley Library, and the John Marshall Law School Library.
- You may be billed for overdue or lost items and your library borrowing privileges will be suspended for failure to adhere to Library policies.
- There is no off-site access to library databases. You are welcome to use UIC databases at the Library of the Health Sciences-Chicago or the Richard J. Daley Library.
- Some John Marshall Law School databases are restricted to Law School users, while others are available for onsite use. For law databases, please contact a Reference librarian at John Marshall Law School in advance of your visit.
We cannot offer I-Share or Interlibrary loan services to alumni at this time. Alumni can order documents from the UIC Library collection for a fee.