How to request books and media in I-Share
- Search I-Share for an item
- Click on what you need!
- Click “Request from I-Share Libraries” button
- Log in, or create account
Register once by linking your UIC “Library ID Number” with your record. You only need your NetID and password to order items.
Do you need your item sent to a library closer to you? Change the “preferred pick-up location” to any institution participating in I-Share. You’ll get an email when the item is ready to pick up, usually in 3-5 business days.
How to request scanned articles and items from libraries worldwide in ILLiad
Select your home library to log in:
- Chicago-Health Sciences
- John Marshall Law School
- Peoria-Health Sciences
- Quad Cities
- Rockford-Health Sciences
- Urbana-Health Sciences
- Distance education-health sciences
- Distance education-other
Once you are logged into ILLiad click Find it @ UIC in library databases or in Google Scholar to pre-fill the request form for articles.
More help with ILLiad
- Pick your library from the links above (Note: You’ll need to use the same library every time).
- Log in to ILLiad, or click “First Time Users” to create a new account.
- Click “Article” for article request or Click “Book” for book request or “Media Item” for DVDS or CDs.
- Fill out form and click submit.
- You’ll get an email when the item is ready to pick up or posted electronically (usually 1-10 business days).
- Most requests for physical items (books, DVDs, microfilm, etc.) are filled within 5-10 business days.
- Most article requests are filled within 1-4 business days.
- Articles are delivered as scanned PDFs.