UIC Library Swag Design Contest
The UIC University Library’s Undergraduate Engagement Program is hosting a contest to source original, student designed artwork to print on t-shirts, tote bags, stickers and other University Library branded promotional items.
Main Heading link
Show your love for the library with your original design that illustrates what the library means to you as an undergraduate student.
The design should reflect the following themes:
- Student life at UIC
- Books, studying, libraries
- What the UIC Library represents or means to you personally
Who May Enter
- Any UIC undergraduate student from any major or discipline. One entry per student.
How to Enter
- All entries must be submitted electronically with the completed entry form.
- All entries must be submitted by Friday, October 21.
- Original artwork – any unique or authentic work by the artist or creator (no photography or stock images).
- Design must be one or two colors
- Preferred file types:
- PDF – high resolution, minimum 300 dpi
- EPS or AI (Adobe Illustrator) with text saved as “outlines.”
- tip: save an editable copy of the file before creating outlines.
- Maximum upload file size is 10MB
- Include the words “University Library” in the design
Please note: Artwork files may be edited to reflect final language, messaging and University brand standards. UIC also reserves the right to alter the submitted artwork to ensure it meets accessibility guidelines and other parameters.
UIC will retain all reproduction rights to submitted artwork with credit given to the artist. UIC agrees not to sell any of the artwork or any reproduction of the artwork. Artists warrant that they are the sole proprietor of the artwork and agree to assign all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the artwork to UIC. Entries must be original work and must not infringe on the protected rights of other artists or violate any copyright laws.
Winners & Prizes
The University Library will select three winners. Each winner will receive a cash prize and each design will be featured on various library promotional items and be highlighted on the library website and social media accounts.
- 1st place will receive a $100 cash prize
- 2nd place will receive $75 cash prize
- 3rd place will receive $50 cash prize
All winners will be announced Friday, November 4.
Contest winners will be decided by a panel of judges from the University Library. This vote is comprised of University Library student workers, staff, faculty and the University Library Dean. Library Swag Design Contest votes will be based on creativity and how well the design illustrates the contest theme.